Rhine River Cruise – featuring Strasbourg
- Day 1: Saturday, October 4, 2014 Overnight Flight
- Join us for an exciting cruise and land program featuring Strasbourg and the romantic Rhine Valley. This journey brings you through one of the most historic and dramatic regions in all of Europe.
- Day 2: Sunday, October 5, 2014 Amsterdam, Netherlands – Tour Begins
- Your trip begins in Amsterdam where you will board your cruise ship for a 6-night cruise along the Dutch canals and Rhine River. Your ship offers an array of amenities including outside staterooms, a full bar, lounge, outside sundeck, terrace and gift shop. Tonight, join your fellow travellers for a guided canal cruise that weaves its way around the city along the intricate web of ancient waterways. Later, meet in the lounge for a reception hosted by your tour manager, followed by a welcome aboard dinner. For the duration of your cruise, enjoy unlimited wine and other beverages during lunch and dinner. (D)
- Amsterdam – Volendam – Amsterdam
- This morning, join a local expert for a tour of Amsterdam highlighting the city’s centuries-old canal system, charming cafés, famous 16th century row houses stacked side-by-side and the diamond industry during a stop at a diamond cutting workshop. Later, enjoy lunch onboard before travelling outside the city to the delightful seaside village of Volendam where you will have free time to explore among the charming painted houses. Next, enjoy a stop at Zaanse Schans, with its windmills, cheese demonstration, clog making class, and historical houses and warehouses from the 17th and 18th century, all highlighting “old Holland.” After dinner onboard the ship, your evening is at leisure to explore Amsterdam on your own. (B, L, D).
- Day 4: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 Amsterdam – Arnhem – Krefeld, Germany
- This morning, set sail through the Dutch countryside for Arnhem. Here, enjoy free time to independently discover one of the oldest towns in the region. History buffs will know Arnhem as the site of the WWII battle for the strategic bridge at Nijmegen across the river. Later, cruise to Krefeld where you will dock for the evening. (B, L, D)
- Day 5: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 Cologne – Koenigswinter
- Today’s destination is Cologne. During your cruise this morning you pass quintessential German towns like Dusseldorf and Zons, a charming medieval city. Upon arrival in Cologne, join your guide for a walking tour of the city’s old town. Later, leave Cologne and cruise towards Bonn before docking in Koenigswinter for the evening. (B, L, D)
- Day 6: Thursday, October 9, 2014 Rüdesheim
- Today is truly a highlight. Cruise past Koblenz on your way to the legendary Lorelei Rock, a landmark of this most beautiful section of the Rhine River. Soak up the view of the Vineyard Region of the Rhine from the Observation Deck as you pass a fairytale backdrop of vineyards and castles as far as the eye can see. This afternoon, arrive in Rüdesheim and board your “little train” for a tour of Rüdesheim where you will visit the famous “Siegfried’s Mechaniches Musikkabinett” (or Music Museum). Here you are treated to the music of barrel organs and medieval mechanical instruments. Afterwards, enjoy free time to stroll the Rüdesheim’s Drosselgasse, an area famous for its quaint restaurants that feature live orchestras. Later, travel through the Rhine Vineyard lands that include a stunning overlook of Rüdesheim and the Rhine River Valley. (B, L, D)
- Day 7: Friday, October 10, 2014 Mannheim – Heidelberg
- Today you cruise past the landmark cities of Speyer, Wiesbaden and Worms before arriving in Mannheim where the ship will dock. After lunch onboard, depart by coach for Heidelberg Castle where you join a local expert for a guided tour. Witness the ruins of this majestic Renaissance palace. Discover the geometric terraces of the Palatinate Gardens and delve into the history of this stunning structure. Next, travel with your guide into the historic old town of Heidelberg where you will admire the Neckarmunzplatz (city square) and Saint-Esprit Church before enjoying time on your own in this ancient university town. Finally, after this amazing day, return to your ship to relax while cruising towards Strasbourg. (B, L, D)
- Day 8: Saturday, October 11, 2014 Strasbourg, France
- Early this morning you arrive in Strasbourg to disembark and begin your stay in the city. Strasbourg, a provincial capital of France, blends centuries of Roman, French, German and Alsatian influences together, creating a unique character. Enjoy a guided city tour of the old quarter, “Petite France,” featuring the Cathedral of Notre Dame. This is considered one of the noblest achievements of Western architecture. You will have ample free time to explore the perfectly preserved old town before heading to your hotel. This evening, join your fellow travellers for a delicious farewell dinner at one of Strasbourg’s traditional restaurants. (B, D)
- Day 9: Sunday, October 12, 2014 Strasbourg – Tour Ends
- Your tour ends today. (B)
October 04 – October 12, 2014
9 Days • 19 Meals
7 Breakfasts • 5 Lunches • 7 DinnersHighlights: Amsterdam Canal Cruise, <I>MS Gérard Schmitter</I>, Volendam, Zaanse Schans, Cologne, Rhine Valley & Vineyards, Rüdesheim, Lorelei Rock, Heidelberg Castle, Strasbourg“River Cruise” tours feature small, intimate vessels for a more personal experience as you travel through a variety of beautiful waterways.
Rates Per Person
DON’T MISS OUT! BOOK NOW!
Main Outside Double: $4,219.00
Upper Outside Double: $4,719.00
Middle Outside Double: $4,469.00
Main Outside Double: $4,469.00
Upper Outside Double: $4,969.00
Middle Outside Double: $4,719.00
*Included in Price: Door to Door Sedan Transfers to and from the Edmonton Airport (within 100km, one pick-up/drop-off location per booking), Round Trip Air from Edmonton, Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges of $620 per person (subject to increase until paid in full), Hotel Transfers
*Not Included in Price: Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $370 per person